Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: UPS Problem! Update!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was expecting a package from AG to be delievered today. Well, I checked the order status and it said it was delievered at 11:15 this morning!We looked outside our house and we can't find the package! My dad had a business meeting this morning and he wasn't here at 11:15. I'm not sure if the package needed to be signed for and the UPS man didn't want to leave it because he thought someone would steal it. I hope it wasn't delievered to the wrong address! This is the only bad experience I've had with UPS.
    Edit: My mom called UPS today, they said to check with neighbors to see if they got our package by accident, but other than that they couldn't do anything. My mom checked with my neighbors across the street and the neighbors next to us, neither of them got our package. My mom called AG and explained the problem, they are sending us the package for free, hopefully it will come just in time for Christmas! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] This was the only time we have had UPS mess up our order, and I have to say the AG CS was terrific about it!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 13, 2005 10:04 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ks4treasures's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So Sorry This Happened!! This has happened to me before. Have you checked with the neighbors? If they don't have it give UPS a call and they will have to track it down. They were very nice when I called and had the packaged tracked down in a few minute. It turned out it was at a house a block away!

    Hope you get your package soon!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My mom said we should wait to see if it comes tomorrow, and if it doesn't she'll call UPS and have them find out where it got delievered to.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you're checking the tracking online, it should tell you if someone signed for it. I had a similar experience where it showed my package was delivered, and signed for by someone named Kim.
    I racked my brain for awhile, then realized my neighbor a few doors away was named Kim, and her husband got multiple deliveries every day. Sure enough, that's where my package was, with all of her husbands' packages in the garage. Evidently the UPS man just puts everything in the garage, and then hands her the clipboard to sign. Neither one of them checked anything.

  5. #5
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    This happened last winter, to my sister. She ordered Nellie for her GD's B-day. Nellie never came, so she called AG. They said UPS was showing the package as delivered. This went on for a couple of days. She decided to walk around outside, and found the package by her patio doors, on the side of her house, burried in a snow bank! There had been a substitute UPS guy, and he just dropped it there! To get to it, you have to almost walk all around her house, and her house is large. It was so weird...we still can't figure out why he would put a package there!

    Anyway...Nellie was damp, and smelled musty, so AG sent a new one.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    UPS IS responcible to prove it was delivered. They can find who th edriveer was and tell him he needs to show where your package was left.

    Good luck and don't let them say no

    Christine

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have had oodles of problems with UPS. Once they left a package in our no-outlet garage, under many other things, and we found it months later! We didn't know anything was coming (it was an unexpected gift from my aunt to my mom), so we didn't expect it. They also often say our street does not exist--it doesn't help that they're looking for it in the wrong town. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It is my least favorite package shipment service, but a lot of the issues are related to local distribution centers and whether or not they are competent. Ours just doesn't happen to be--probably in part because we don't have one, and they come here from very far away. So I don't blame them for being disgruntled after their long commute! Recently my mom and I were out and we were shocked as we watched, on the other side of the highway, a slew of UPS trucks going the opposite direction, toward our town. We couldn't believe how many workers had to travel that far, and we lost count of all the trucks!

    I really hope someone will come forward and let you know if they have your package. This time of year I think companies hire extra workers, and they may not know streets as well as the regular ones. Sometimes I wish companies still asked for signatures, but the truth is that we sometimes grant them permanent permission to leave packages when no one is home. Our family consciously granted permission to FedEx, and at some time someone must have with UPS, because neither one ever requires signatures now when delivering to our address.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think signatures are required anymore unless the sender specifies it. I lived in a brand new apartment complex three years ago where no one had ever lived before, and I never signed for anything unless the signature is required.

    I've noticed that the AG boxes say "Shipper Release" on them, or something to that effect, which I believe means exactly what it sounds like.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We once had a guy leave multiple delivery notices on a door that is bolted shut. The door in garage that let you go out the side had serious structural issues so we bolted the door shut. In place of a door knob is steal plating. He put a three or four delivery notices on it, and when the company got the package back they called us. We hadn't used that door in ten years.

    Then yesterday I heard something hit the front door while I was sewing, turned out to be an AG box with a pair of shoes in it. I guess the UPS guy had tried to throw it on the porch, hit the door and the box rolled right down the stairs.
    I know it is a busy time of year but . . .

    Ashley

  10. #10
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by AGCrayZee:
    I don't think signatures are required anymore unless the sender specifies it. I lived in a brand new apartment complex three years ago where no one had ever lived before, and I never signed for anything unless the signature is required.

    I've noticed that the AG boxes say "Shipper Release" on them, or something to that effect, which I believe means exactly what it sounds like.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have to sign for EVERY UPS package I get no matter how small (including all AG ones). Maybe that's just our local UPS guy though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •